Welcome to year 2 for all parents and children. Our Blog will share information and the children’s learning. Below is some information about our classroom routines and ways you can help with your children’s learning.
- Learning logs need to be handed in on Mondays. Your child should complete at least one piece of homework a week.
- Mathletics homework has been set and we will be checking this weekly on a Wednesday.
- Class 5 and 6 will have PE on Tuesday and Wednesday. Class 17 will have PE on Wednesday and Thursday. Please ensure that children have PE kit in school and earings are removed on these days.
- Reading is a key focus for year 2.
- We will be reading with your child regularly, focusing on fluency and understanding.
- Your child may be sent home with a text more than once, to ensure they can read it fluently and understand what they have read.
- Please read and discuss books with your child at home at least four times a week, as this has the greatest impact on their overall learning.